4/27/11

Tightwad Tip: Baby Juice

http://www.ehomedelivery.com/shop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/5/1500002081.jpg

I'm not much on juice. We don't normally keep it in our house (but the kids indulge on occasion) & when I introduced it into my baby's palettes, I didn't introduce much of it.

As a matter of fact, I remember buying the expensive "baby juices" & thinking, 'Ugh, by the time we get half way through this bottle, we'll be past the "Use within 7-10 days of opening" date, shown in the message on the side of the bottle'; as I was just putting it here & there in different baby cereals, etc.

TIGHTWAD TIP:
I figured, why not freeze the bulk of it? (that's my answer to everything!, Freeze it!)
And so, I would keep out a small bottle of the juice (not quite half in my case) & pour the rest into ice cube trays.
Then, not only was it a fantastic way to transport the essential ingredient in baby's bag for on-the-go w/o spoiling, but it helped me to manage waste & use only a bit at a time... hence, for-going that expiration date.

No comments: