2/13/10

Come Here Often?

I do get some emails on occasion from those of you who are new to TIGHTWAD MOMMA -- or even couponing in general.

I have meant to do this for a long time, but better late than never. Here is a little tutorial on what you can find (& what it means) on TIGHTWAD MOMMA.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND?
The weekend post is my favorite part of the the site. On Fridays, I will post a weekend FULL of free (or almost free, in which case I will do my best to tell you it's not free) & fun things for you to do w/ your family in the STL area. Go HERE to see my past weekend posts.

MID-WEEK SHOUTS OUT
If the week allows, I will give a shout-out to something I want you to learn about. Nothing wrong w/ a shouts out! Go HERE to see the shouts out that I've given.

SHOPPING LISTS
Each week I will post my shopping list to various stores...walmart, walgreen, target, etc. Sometimes one or two, sometimes all. I will share with you FREE deals & how to get them; I will even list exactly what coupons you need to make the deal.
See all my past shopping lists HERE.

FREE BEES
I got so sick of seeing the word freebies, I tried to be funny (probably unsuccessfully) & coined this term. When you see this post, you know you're in for a treat. To see all the free bees I've posted, go HERE.

BIRTHDAY LIST
Go HERE & learn about all the places you can sign up at to get free goodies for your big day.

KIDS EAT FREE
Go HERE to see where to take your kids to eat & have them eat for free.

WEEKLY MENU
Sometimes I get organized & share our family's menu for the week. Go HERE to see when I've done that in the past.

BIRTHDAY LIST
THIS list is compiled to tell you where to go or sign up for free stuff on your big day!

COUPON BOX
Go HERE (or click on the long box on my sidebar that says, 'Print your own coupons') to find some seriously great coupons. I sometimes refer to these when telling you about good deals.

What can you do to stay up with Tightwad Momma?....

TWITTER THIS
Check me out TWEETING & bragging about my latest finds. Follow me!

FACEBOOK
Find me on facebook....add me as A FRIEND & find me getting to know you, & learning stuff from you & other 'tightwad friends'.

GET ME IN YOUR INBOX
By subscribing to newsletters (an option on the sidebar), you allow the free service to send you an email each day with tightwad updates (warning: these might not get to you as soon as you'd like).

SUBSCRIBE TO...
Also on my sidebar is an easy quick way to subscribe to Tightwad feed. You can choose to read updated posts via google, bloglines, or whatever fits your fancy.

And now, let's get the boring stuff out of the way...

COUPON LINGO
SS = smart source
RP = red plum
PG = proctor/gamble
V = vlassis
WAGS = walgreens
PRINTABLE = a coupon which can be printed directly from the site
RR = register rewards (wags)
MIR = mail in rebate
BOGO = buy one get one
Blinkies = coupon dispensed near product, in the store (usually from a "blinking" red box)
Catalina = a coupon dispensed at the register at the time of purchase (either at end of receipt or separate)
FAR = free after rebate
OOP = Out Of Pocket
Peelie = coupon that you peel off the package
ECB = Extra Care Bucks (CVS)
and here’s a lesson in how to work CVS and the Extra Care Buck program:
-get a CVS card...the cashier scans your card and you get a discount on your groceries. The difference in the CVS card is that you don’t get a discount up front, but you get Extra Care Bucks following a purchase.
You can get a card from the cashier for one at the store. OR if necessary, you can get a card online HERE.
-get a CVS weekly flyer and a CVS monthly booklet. This is just like the RR's from Walgreens which print out as a catalina...but these are on your receipt. Don’t loose this receipt! This little “coupon” at the end of your receipt is just that – a coupon! You can cut it off and keep it and use it just like cash on your next transaction.
Your best bet with CVS ECB transactions is to do it this way:
1. Present your card to the cashier to scan
2. The cashier will scan all your stuff
3. Present any CVS coupons
4. Present any manufacturer’s coupons
5. Pay with ECBs (remember, you don't get credit for change...if your total is 11.21, you may want to crab a candy bar or something around 50 cents, otherwise you're throwing 89 cents away!)
6. Pay the remaining balance with cash.
Most of all, I hope to share my lifelong frugal style with you; along with any good tips I hear. And am thrilled at the community of 'savers' that have come out of the woodwork to share back with all of us.

Happy Saving!
Amy
"Tightwad Momma"

No comments: