9/14/09

Casa de Cheapskate: Family Fun Night "DINOSAURS"


Friday night we enjoyed another FAMILY FUN NIGHT. We did it DINO-style.




Here's what we did...




Cooked our Tyson dino nuggets. Steamed some broccoli 'trees'. Then propped them up between the dinosaurs. I tinted their cups of milk w/ blue+green food coloring & called it, 'dinosaur blood'.





Our collection of dinosaurs made the table setting & atmosphere.





After our supper, we learned a new dinosaur song:


I'm a Mean Old Dinosaur

(Author Unknown)

(Sung to tune of "I'm a little Tea Pot")


I'm a mean ol' Dinosaur

(Make a mean face)

Big and Tall

(Gesture hands big and tall)

Here is my tail, here is my claw.

(Gesture hands behind your back for tail and make claw hands)

When I get all hungry

(Rub your tummy)

I just growl

(have the kids exaggerate their grrrowl)

Look out kids I'm on the prowl.

(I tickle each of my kiddos' tummies)




Then we made a cool craft.



After a dinosaur hunt, for all the dinosaur books in our collection, we ended our quiet evening with some story stories & facts.


How you could up this ante:


  • Dress the part. You could go dino or caveman.

  • Get some vines (crepe paper) & hang from ceiling or your dining room light.

  • Make a volcano. Small scale or go crazy with it.

  • Dinosaur shaped cookies.

  • Dino bone dig. Just get a small container (I like using the under the bed storage units) & fill with sand. Put any type of little bones (or anything resembling one) in the sand & have your little paleontologists dig them up. You could even add brushes, magnifying glasses, or any other 'archaeological' devices.

  • If you're good with breakfast for dinner (one of my favorites), there is a great instant oatmeal with dinosaur eggs.

Hope your FAMILY FUN NIGHT is dino'tastic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun for the kiddos!!!