3/9/09

Making Great Things with Seasonal Clearance

I often times take advantage of seasonal clearance.

For example, red napkins, clearanced down after Christmas, are perfect for Valentine's Day. Same goes for green (purchased after Christmas, great for St Patty's).

Sometimes I will buy my kids' clothes for the following Christmas, same as I do all of their clothes (buy their coats the season before, once they're marked down).

And candy & other edible goodies?...who cares if it's in a Christmas tree wrapper? (I don't!, chocolate is chocolate!)

So, imagine my delight, when I saw the possibilities for this after-Christmas purchase, cute little metal bucket of 'puppy chow'.
We devoured the puppy chow on New Year's Eve, then I sent my hubby outside w/ the pail & some silver spray paint.

I let it dry & tossed around some more ideas...
Perfect for baked goods.
Or...
A container for my daughter's orange & lime room.

Before you toss it!, think of how it can be reused... you will surprise yourself.

No comments: