1/18/09

evite -- Free Online Invitation Service

I was mentioning evite today, to some friends at church, when it occured to me that I should post about it...to be sure my Tightwad friends are aware of this great, easy, fun, & (most importantly!) FREE service.


I'm an online, emailing, kind of girl, so I appreciate the fact that w/in a half-hour, I can have my address book invited to my next party. I can further appreciate the fact that my invitees can not only RSVP to my invite, but let me know why they will/won't be there as well!





You'll be notified (if you request such) each time someone RSVPs. And at any given moment, you can 'view' your 'event' to see who has opened/read their invite & exactly when they did such!





On top of that, you can update your attendees (even specific to the ones who HAVE RSVP'ed or who have RSVP'ed a yes, etc.) with further instructions...ask them to bring something...send them directions...or even tell them that you want them to bring your favorite dessert. And evite does all of that for you.





They have the best darn templates too. Of course there's that little cutie at the top...or the superbowl shoe-in right above. And with about a b'jillion categories to choose from, you're sure to find one that tickles your fancy (like the one sent for my father-in-law's surprise party, complete with the cigar-smoking poker players, one asking, "You In?").



Evite does have other stuff available (ecards, a blog, etc.), but I've only used their invites, so I can't testify as to the greatness of the other stuff.





Now, if they would only come clean my house before the party.





P.S. I am not paid by Evite. (nor have I ever been by anything I've posted about) I just like'em. And if I like something...and it's free...you'll hear all about it. ;)

No comments: